The call for performance, papers, presentations and provocations for the 2014 International Symposium is now closed.
The call asked for:
Challenging and creative responses to the themes and contexts outlined below. Accepted proposals responded to, and intervene with, the structure of the symposium. With this in mind we invite ideas on how make use of the various spaces, the coffee breaks and the journeys between venues etc.
We welcomed considerations on the themes below, although this list is by no means exhaustive:
- Dialogue as knowledge and production
- Dialogue as artistic and curatorial process
- Interactive and collaborative dialogic practice
- Dialogic bodies: haptic communication, gestures and exchange
- Dialogue as an embodied methodology
- Motivations for participatory & dialogical practice locally situated
- Agendas of institutions in promoting engagement
- Reflections on power relations and how collective practice is authored.
- Transcultural and transdisciplinary dialogic practices.
Applicants were encouraged to respond to the call in a number of ways:
- Live online presentations
- Skype or other mediated means from overseas
- Testing out of new works through open mic platforms and other forums.
- Performance works
- PAR work in progress
- Academic papers
Deadline for proposals: 19th May 2014
Notification of acceptance: 6th June 2014
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
All delegates must be able to participate in all days of the symposium.
*When submitting your application please use the form below and email with the subject heading: YOUR NAME: APPLICATION FORM FOR IN DIALOGUE 2014